The 2019 Noosa Classic isn’t too far away now so why not take some time to ensure you’ve got everything ready to be packed?
There’s plenty of time left to make those final checks. You can put your bike in for a service, clean and lubricate the drivetrain and adjust any hex bolts on those important parts such as the seat post and bars.
Your handy Noosa check-list:
- Your bike – Serviced, the chain lubed, tyres properly inflated and all ready to ride.
- Cycling Kit – Suitable for the conditions. Socks, knicks, jersey, gloves and an under shirt is always a good idea.
- Cycling shoes
- Cycling cap
- Photo ID
- Chamois Cream (aka Butt Cream).
- Sun Screen
- Multi Tool
- 2 X water bottles
- Your fully charged bike computer
- Nutrition – Muesli bars & nutrition products along with jelly sweets & bananas will be supplied at each rest stop along the way. In addition to this you may wish to bring any preferred nutrition or hydration required for your chosen distance. For more handy tips check out this article.
- Bike Pump – One on the bike and a track up in the car for the pre-ride top up. There will be pumps available at the start area but be warned – it will be busy.
- Coffee Money – There are many cafes in Noosa, along the riverfront at Noosaville and in Tewantin.
- 2 x inner tubes – Riders should be able to change tubes by themselves. Not so familiar with this – it’s a critical skill to have and it would be a good idea to practice before the event. Check out this article for a demo.
- An air canister, cartridges & tyre levers.