With the Noosa Classic just days away you might be feeling prepared for the thrilling Gran Fondo event, but is your bike and gear ready to go?
The good news is this – There is still time to make those final checks! Book the bike in for a service (but hurry), clean and properly lubricate the drivetrain, check and adjust the hex bolts on all critical components of your bike – the seat post, saddle clamps, stem, bars etc.
What To Pack
Here’s a handy checklist to help ensure you’ve got everything together for Sunday’s event.
- Your bike – Serviced, the chain lubed, tyres properly inflated and all ready to ride.
- Cycling Kit – Suitable for the conditions – check our event Facebook page on Friday for the latest on the Noosa weather and forecast temperatures. Socks, knicks, jersey, gloves and an under shirt is always a good idea.
- Cycling shoes
- Cycling cap
- Photo ID
- Chamois Cream (aka Butt Cream).
- Sun Screen
- Multi Tool
- 2 X water bottles
- Your fully charged bike computer
- Nutrition – Muesli bars & nutrition products along with jelly sweets & bananas will be supplied at each rest stop along the way. In addition to this you may wish to bring any preferred nutrition or hydration required for your chosen distance. For more on fuelling for a Gran Fondo read this helpful article here.
- Bike Pump – One on the bike and a track up in the car for the pre-ride top up. There will be pumps available at the start area but be warned – it will be busy.
- Coffee Money – There are many cafes in Noosa, along the riverfront at Noosaville and in Tewantin and there will be a coffee van near the start line as well.
- 2 x inner tubes – Riders should be able to change tubes by themselves. Not so familiar with this – it’s a critical skill to have and it would be a good idea to practice before the event.
- An air canister, cartridges & tyre levers.
Other than that, there’s plenty of other helpful information here on the News section of the event website. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday August 26 at the Noosa Classic.
Any questions? We’re here to help. Feel free to message us via the Noosa Classic Facebook page or shoot an email to [email protected]c.com.au